Looking for a guide to wine types? They are very useful to novices, the more you learn about wine the more you’ll enjoy it. There is a vast amount of information on the subject written by various experts and authors all over the world. Here is an introduction to some of the most famous ones:
- Robert Burns. He was a man who knew a lot about a variety of wines from all around the world. In his book “The Book of Furniture”, he gives a detailed description of each wine. His guide may not be for everyone, but it will surely help you have an idea about the subject.
- David Barrack. He was a traveller and a naturalist. In his book “Frogs and Flowers”, he gives a detailed description of different varieties. It is written in a very accessible way and can be read by people of all ages. It also has illustrations and pictures making it very easy to understand.
- Donald MacLennan. His beginner’s guide to wine types is quite extensive and covers almost all the types that there are. There are detailed descriptions of the varieties, their effects on the body and palate, and how to prepare them. The book has photographs as well that will be very helpful for beginners. This guide can serve as a basis for other books and can be used again.
- David Lebovitz. He is an American expert on food and drink, who have written an excellent beginner guide to wine and fruit varieties. It is very informative and will be very helpful if you are just starting.
- Beverage Network. They have an excellent guide to wine types, which was published in 2021. They describe the different styles and characteristics of each one. It also has an extensive glossary of wine terms and many recipes explaining how best to drink it.
- Serious Drinks. This wine guide was created by Bill Sysak and contains a great many recipes. They explain the different styles of wine and give simple and easy to make ideas for many different dishes. It even includes a list of countries that best sell wine.
All of these guides are great ways to learn more about wines and get a better understanding of what it is that you like. Each wine guide can serve as a foundation for other wine-related literature. However, none of them can be considered comprehensive enough to allow you to become a true connoisseur of wines. You will need much more specialized and detailed information to become truly proficient at this hobby.
Buying a Guide
If you’re serious about learning about wine, you should consider buying a guide to wine instead of relying on any old book from your local library or bookstore. There are many websites today that offer such guides. They usually cost around twenty dollars and are very useful.
A wine-of-the-month club is another good investment. They can be very useful in a specialized situation. For example, if you want to try a red wine but don’t like to experiment, a monthly wine of the month can help you develop a taste for it. The guide tells you when to drink it and explains why. There are also many clubs with an extensive library of wine to be enjoyed at memberships ranging from one dollar per month to several hundred dollars.
Some books are even written about the various aspects of drinking wine as a hobby. For beginners, a good beginners guide to wine can be as simple as the one mentioned above. Others are more complex, dealing with all facets of wine. These detailed, informative guides can teach you about grapes, vineyards, varietals, regions, winemakers and the different kinds of wine production. They can tell you how to store your wine and even provide tips for starting a business.
The best way to learn about wine is to experience it. Invest in a guide to wine and read, drink and try some. You’ll learn a whole lot along the way and it may be worth your while to go out and start a business of your own producing and selling wine.